Okay, Okay, even getting up in the morning can be a struggle sometimes. But when you have a chronic disease and want to maintain your fitness how can you do it? If you have Crohn’s you might be put off team activities or joining a gym because of the potential to spend time in the bathroom, or the travelling plus the activity is too much effort.
Here are some alternative ways that you could keep fit at home:
1. Follow fitness DVDS at home – there are so many out there that there is boudn to be one that meets your needs and level of fitness.
4. Turn your dining room table into a table tennis table – any surface 5ft x 2.5ft will get a decent game going.
5. Using Hand Weights to help increase muscle mass and build bone density.
6. If you have the space and the money, you can install your own gym equipment at home
7. Skipping or jump rope is a great way to develop cardio vascular fitness and explosive energy without going anywhere.
8. Play the drums
9. Follow Yoga or Pilates DVDS for a more mindful exercise practice
10. Hire a personal trainer
How do you keep fit at home? What problems do you face with more traditional methods of keeping fit?