‘My Chronic Career’ is a series of interviews with people who have chronic health problems focussing on not just their medical experience, but also the impact on their life and career.
If you work and have a chronic health problem you can contribute to this series by completing the questionnaire below and sending it to me.
1. Can you tell me a bit about your medical history?
2. And how about your working life? What career path have you taken?
3. Did you know about your condition before you were diagnosed?
4. How did you find out further information about your condition when you were diagnosed?
5. Finding information is different now with the internet, which sites do you find useful in terms of information / support and advice about your condition?
6. Thinking about working and having your condition – what do you find / have you found most difficult to manage / cope with in the world of work?
7. What is your top tip for employers – what could they do to support people with your condition?
8. What is your top tip for employees with your condition?
9. When you have a flare up of symptoms – what is your ‘coping mechanism’?
10. Do you think you have developed any personal skills or qualities as a result of having your condition?
11. What advice would you give people who have just been diagnosed with your condition?
12. What advice would you give to the family and friends of someone who has just been diagnosed with your condition?
Do you have a chronic health condition and a career? If so please come forward to be interviewed by contacting me!